Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Greetings from Frozen Michigan

I'm Phyllis, aka Redford Phyl. I've done all types of needlework for as long as I can remember. I started with cross-stitch when I was only 6. I think I picked up my first knitting needles when I was 10 or 11, but really didn't do anything until my freshman year at Michigan. Found a sweater kit at a yarn shop in downtown Ann Arbor, bought it, and had a completed sweater in just a few weeks. (I could add that this was during the Bay of Pigs incident, but that would be really dating myself.)

That was it for the next 6 years, then it was on and off for a few years, then off for nearly 20 years. Picked up the needles again 3 years ago, and I haven't stopped since. Two years ago I bought my first drop spindle (I'm up to 12 or 13 now) and a year ago I bought spinning wheel, Majacraft Rose to be precise.

My current love is lace, be it shawls, socks or cowls. I'm looking forward to seeing what each shipment brings. I have a thing for patterns by several of the designers. It should be a fun year.

No comments:

Post a Comment