Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Hello Everyone!- My name is Michelle Lane

Allow me to introduce myself! I have been married to the same wonderful man for 19 years and am a 41 year old stay at home mom of two human children (ages 16 and 10), as well as numerous "fuzzy" children. The fuzzy children are my Gypsy Vanner horse, two miniature mediterranean donkeys, six Old English Southdown Babydoll sheep, and three dogs. The large animals are the foundation of Kellane Farm. Originally the purpose of the farm was to breed Gypsy horses and donkeys, but I have since changed my focus to the Babydoll sheep. I love my sheep very much...and am anxious to build my flock so that I can have fiber from them to spin and sell. It is a little known fact that Babydoll sheep have very fine wool - as fine as Merino! I have been knitting for about 5 years and am absolutely addicted! Every free moment that I have is spent perfecting my skills at this most excellent craft. Only recently (since October 2008) did I take up lace knitting...so I am very excited to be a part of this club!!

No comments:

Post a Comment